Friday, May 27, 2011

IIT-JEE topper shares his success mantra

When he got a centum in Physics in II PU exam, this 17-year-old boy did not expect he would top IIT-JEE from Karnataka. Aditya P Gaonkar, who secured 151th rank, spent his day receiving congratulatory messages from all corners.

Keen on taking up either engineering or integrated MSc in Physics, he has left his options open for IIT Bombay or Madras. "I love Physics. I went for a foundation course when I was in class 9 but didn't have IIT in mind then," he says.

His schedule was hectic. "I used to go for coaching in BASE after PU classes. I was left with no time to study. During weekends, I studied for 6 to 7 hours."

Yoga and meditation added to this teen's success quotient. "I practise yoga for 45 minutes every day. This I started from Class 5."

During the days left before heading to the country's premium institution, Aditya plans to do a Physics project in IISc and also visit his hometown in Uttara Kannada.

0 comments:

Post a Comment